Research project: Development of EU wide animal transport certification scheme and renovation of control posts in the European Union
This project supplements the preceding control post project. Again, high quality control posts, for resting animals during long term road transport, are promoted. The renovation and building of control posts in the European Union is continued and a certification scheme for transport companies is set up. Furthermore, the findings of the project will be disseminated amongst the users of control posts. The results will be spread by handbooks, a website and an international stakeholder-conference.
Scientific partners for the implementation of this Project are:
- Research Centre for Animal Production of Reggio Emilia (CRPA), Italy;
- Instituto G. Caporale Teramo (ICT), Italy;
- Wageningen Livestock Research (WUR), Netherlands;
- Institut de Recerca i Tenologia Agroalimentaries (IRTA), Spain;
- Baltic Control Ltd., Denmark;
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SE), Sweden;
- Institut de L’Elevage, Frankreich; Institut du Porc (IFIP), France;
- Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut (FLI), Germany;
- Warsaw University of Life Science, Faculty of Economic Science (SGGW), Poland;
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (K.U. Leuven), Belgium;
- National Agricultural Research Foundation-Veterinary Research Institute (NAGREF), Greece.