apl. Professor, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Dipl. Ing. agr., University of Leipzig
Main area of research is molecular genetics and genetic diversity in poultry, in particular the use of molecular markers for assessing and evaluating poultry genetic ressources.
- Former coordinator of a European chicken biodiversity project funded by the European Commission (AVIANDIV).
- Member of the World's Poultry Science Association (WPSA), and chairman of the Working Group 3 “Breeding and Genetics” of the European Federation of WPSA,
- Member of the International Society for Animal Genetics (ISAG), and member of FAO/ISAG advisory group on farm animal genetic diversity
- Chairman of the National Consortium for Conservation of Animal Genetic Diversity in Germany.
- Managing Director of the German Gene Bank