PD Dr. Michael R. Knittler
Telephone: +49 38351 7-1170, -1286
Fax: +49 38351 7-1151
17493 Greifswald - Insel Riems
Scientific interests and current research topics of the laboratory
- Cell biological and biochemical studies on MHC class I-mediated antigen presentation in the context of model viruses and bacteria.
- Studies on the function of proprotein convertases in antigen processing.
- Biochemical analysis of the biogenesis, structure and function of the antigenic peptide transporter TAP.
- Studies on the “immune evasion” strategies of bovine viruses and bacteria.
- Molecular biological studies on the regulation of protein expression of antigen presenting cells.
- Development and establishment of model systems for the analysis of the immune response in ruminants..
Studies of Biology at the University of Cologne
Diploma thesis at the Institute for Biochemistry, University of Cologne (Prof. Dr. L. Jaenicke)
Diploma in Biology
Ph.D. thesis in the Department of Immunology at the Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne (Priv.-Doz. Dr. I. Haas / Prof. Dr. K. Rajewsky)
Ph.D. fellowship holder of the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
Research project at the Biochemistry Centre Heidelberg (BZH), University of Heidelberg (Priv.-Doz. Dr. I. Haas / Prof. Dr. F. Wieland)
Ph.D. in Biology
Post-Doctoral fellow at the BZH, University of Heidelberg
Post-Doctoral fellow at the Department of Cell Genetics, Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne (Prof. Dr. J. Howard)
Group leader at the Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne
Habilitation at the University of Cologne
2005 & 2006
Teaching award of the Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne
Coordinator of the Ph.D. program of the Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne
Group leader at the Institute of Immunology / Friedrich-Loeffler-Institute / Tübingen
Seit Juni 2011
Group leader at the Institute of Immunology / Friedrich-Loeffler-Institute / Island of Riems
Habilitation transfer to the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University Greifswald