According to the statutes of the FLI, the Institute Council is composed of the President, the Heads of the Institutes and elected scientific employees. The Head of Administration supports the Council as permanent, advisory member.
The Council gives recommendations to the President to support him in the fulfillment of his tasks. In this frame, the Council
- elaborates a draft research programme for the FLI based on the research plan of the BMELV under consideration of the FLI’s tasks and the input from the institutes,
- defines the requirements in personnel and material as contribution to the budget estimate and makes proposals for the distribution of the assigned funds to the institutes and the individual research activities,
- elaborates recommendations for the establishment, merging, expansion, liquidation and transfer of institutes and central services as well as for the assignment of work fields to institutes or central services,
- helps to elaborate task descriptions in the frame of appointment procedures,
- elaborates recommendations for a systematic quality assurance of the Federal Research Institute, participates in quality assurance measures and supports external evaluations,
- makes suggestions for the appointment of members of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Federal Research Institute.